Use Carefree Products for your intimate hygiene
Intimate Hygiene for Teen Girls
Just like the right outfit makes you look good, the right feminine hygiene routines makes you feel good. So how should you care for the most sensitive area of your body? And how can you stay fresh all day long?
Why is intimate grooming so important?
When you hit puberty, plenty of things start happening: monthly periods to clean your womb, regular discharge to clean your vagina…
Although natural, these secretions may cause discomfort if you don’t adopt proper hygiene habits. Too much pubic hair and too little cleanliness can cause the bacteria to build up around your vagina, hence producing embarrassingly unpleasant scents. Moreover, bacterial buildup could lead to skin irritations and infections.
How can I keep my intimate area fresh and clean?
Your vagina already cleans itself with the help of secretions (discharge). So what you need to take care of is the vulva, the area outside your vagina. This sensitive area is in direct contact with underwear, secretions and bacteria, and thus requires special care. Our advice:
- Wash daily: Typically, you should wash your intimate parts daily. If you’re exercising or swimming, make sure to wash immediately afterwards to avoid irritations.
- Use the right product: Forget about scented soaps and lotions. Use intimate washes specially designed to care for your sensitive area. You can choose CAREFREE® Original Intimate Wash or CAREFREE® Aloe Intimate Wash for extra sensitive skin.
- Dry off: Don’t forget to dry off with a clean towel to avoid moisture buildup, a major cause of fungal infections.
- Use intimate wipes on the go: Intimate wipes like CAREFREE® Original Intimate Wipes or CAREFREE® Aloe Intimate Wipes are easy to use, gentle on the skin and help you stay fresh and clean wherever you are.
Remember, overall freshness is never complete without good personal hygiene. Click here to discover the secret to feeling fresh from head to toe.
Managing pubic hair: what are my options?
Whether you want to trim your pubic hair or remove it partially or totally, here are your options:
- Trimming: This option consists of shortening your pubic hair length using specific trimmers or scissors. Trimming is best done when pubic hair is dry.
- Shaving: Shaving is easy and completely painless, as long as you do it correctly. Make sure to use a moisturizing shaving cream, a flexible razor, and to shave in the same direction of hair growth and then in opposite direction. The only disadvantage is that hair grows back within a few days.
- Depilatory cream: With a depilatory cream, hair is removed quickly and painlessly, but grows back within a few days. Choose a brand specifically designed for intimate areas, and test it on a small skin surface to check for possible allergic reactions.
- Halawa or wax: Painful yet effective method. Whether you’re using ready-made wax strips or homemade halawa (sugar, water and lemon mixture), your skin will feel smoother and the results will last longer. Make sure the wax or halawa is not too hot to avoid skin burns. Don’t forget to use oil to remove excess wax and keep the area moisturized.